Eddie Romagnoli, RMT
Eddie is a 2005 graduate of the Westcoast College of Massage Therapy in New Westminster; B.C. While waiting for the board exam and a year afterwards, Eddie worked at Spa Utopia. There he was able to practice his trade, working on relaxation techniques and learning to work with hot stones, hydrotherapy treatments. There he worked with expecting moms as the spa was a place they enjoyed visiting. Pre and Post-natal care is part of RMT’s education and is a very rewarding part of our practice.
After working in the lower Mainland for years Eddie moved to Powell River to work at the Sunshine Coast Health Center, Canadas number one drug and alcohol treatment facility and recovery center for those suffering from PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). There he was able to work on a wide variety of issues like:
- Patient education ( most important )
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Low back pain
- Neck and shoulder pain and dysfunction
- Muscle strains
- Ligament sprains
- Rib mobilizations ( popped rib put back in )
- Therapeutic exercise
- Breathing techniques for decreasing stress experienced
Sir Francis Bacon quoted "knowledge is power". Eddie feels that the more you know and understand, the better you will be able to take care of yourself. He likes to make sure the people he treats, learn what they need to know to make a positive improvement to their life. It is important to make sure the issue is resolved and will not come back to bother you later in life. If it does you would have the knowledge to help yourself take care of the problem.
Eddie went to school during the period when the college program was 3000 hours of schooling. This extra education allows, Eddie, to use a wide variety of techniques to assist in one’s recovery such as:
- Fascial work
- Lymphatic Drainage (no post lymphadenectomy work) for edema and pain relief
- Muscle Energy Work (to increase range of motion and function)
- Spinal Orthopedics (to align the body to decrease stress on sensitive tissue and increase strength and function)
- Tool Assisted Massage (continuing education course have allowed him to do deeper work for people without damaging his body while helping clients in a way that he find to be very effective) "With the use of Specialized tools and the training I took I am able to help give most people a dramatic change in their Sciatic Pain and low back issues."
In the spring of 2014, Eddie relocated to the Comox Valley to expand his practice. He enjoys working with the clients in this active community and look forward to assisting you in your recovery. Eddie is available Monday to Friday with limited availability on one Saturday per month, he has extended hours into the evening Monday to Wednesday which are available weekly.